Venita Charity Wilcox
April 10, 1910-Jan. 3, 2013
CLINTON — Venita Charity Wilcox, 102, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully on January 3, 2013, at the Mercy South Campus — Harmony House. A family memorial service took place at 11 a.m. on Monday, January 7, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. A time of family reflection and sharing family memories of Venita took place one hour prior to the memorial service. Burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Venita was born April 10, 1910, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Mary (Molloy) Rickoff. She was a 1927 graduate of Lyons High School. She was united in marriage to Raymond Wilcox on June 3, 1933, in Chicago, Illinois.
Venita worked for several financial institutions and businesses, ending her career after 10 plus years with Fidelity Insurance as a bookkeeper and office clerk.
Venita was an avid reader, she loved to play cards, loved the outdoors and especially loved to fish. Venita also loved to be around people and socialize with her many friends. She was a very caring person taking care of several relatives, including her sister who was stricken with multiple sclerosis.
Venita is survived by one brother, John (Joan) Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nieces, Mary Kennedy of Portland, OR, Karen Rosas of Fort Wayne IN, RaeAnn Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nephews, Keith Rickoff of Roanoke VA, Steven Rickoff of Clinton, IA, and Terry Rickoff of Englewood, FL; several cousins and many grand nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, who passed in 1952; two brothers and two sisters.
Memorials and donations can be directed to a charity associated with finding a cure or supporting those with multiple sclerosis.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 3, 2013
Venita Charity Wilcox
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines