May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
Arthur Charles Sanderson (Skinny), 88, of Clinton, peacefully went to our Lord with his family and friends at his side and the assistance of Genesis Hospice loving nurses on Sunday, November 18, 2012.
Cremation rites have been accorded with a visitation from 10 to 11 a.m. and a memorial service to follow at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Arthur was born May 21, 1924, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Arthur Wilson and Laura Belle (Menneke) Sanderson. He attended Clinton High School and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II as a fighter plane mechanic. Following his service Arthur attended DeVry University in Chicago, Illinois.
Arthur married Beverly Rohwer on November 29, 1952, they were married for 50 years. Beverly passed away on June 12, 2003.
Arthur started his own business, “Arthur’s Radio and TV Service,” and was employed with Clinton Corn/ADM for 40+ years as a lab technician, retiring in 1989.
Arthur enjoyed his weekly Tuesday poker games with his long time friends; he also enjoyed cooking, gardening, fishing, breakfast at the Sunrise Restaurant, watching his favorite sports teams (Cubs, Hawks, Bears) working on cryptogram puzzles and spending time with his family — reminiscing and telling his stories.
Arthur is survived by his two daughters, Jeanne (Ken) Borja of Clinton, Iowa, and Joyce Sanderson of Iowa City, Iowa; three grandchildren, Kayla (Jeff) Frost of Wakefield, MA, Zachary Borja of Woodside, NY, and Charles Eidson of Minneapolis, MN.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Beverly; his daughter, Janet Sanderson; eleven sisters and one brother.
Memorials can be left to Genesis Hospice or St. Paul Lutheran Church.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 18, 2012
May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines