April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
Maryethel Stewart, age 94, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, November 25, 2012, at the Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery. Casket bearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Maryethel was born in Breckenridge, Minnesota, on April 1, 1918, the daughter of Harry and Jessie (Schroer) Sanders. She graduated from Our Lady of Angels Academy in 1936. Maryethel married Frank Stewart on November 28, 1936, at the St. Irenaeus rectory in Clinton. Frank passed away in 1991. Maryethel had been employed with Burpee Seed Company. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and the former St. Irenaeus Altar and Rosary Society. She enjoyed playing cards, reading, crocheting, visiting the casino, tending her flowers, baking pies and making soups.
Maryethel is survived by two daughters, Ann (William) Klahn of Clinton and Lynn (Michael) O’Connell of Cedar Rapids; a son, Lee (Kathy) Stewart of Clinton; a daughter-in-law, Anna Mae Stewart of Bettendorf; 8 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Helen Dose of Bettendorf, Alice Dever of Miles and Lucille Flug of Daytona Beach, FL; and brother, Richard Hannafan of Syracuse, NY; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son, Thomas in 2003, and three brothers.
Memorials may be made to Harbor Crest or Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 25, 2012
April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- More Obituaries Headlines