Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
Twila Ann Iverson, 77, of Clinton, Iowa, died Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Memorial services will be held at a later date. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home assisted the family with arrangements.
She was born October 1, 1935, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Elmer and Martha (Frisbie) Hildebrand. Twila grew up in Emmetsburg, Iowa, and graduated from high school in 1953.
Twila helped her mother clean homes and worked as a waitress in Emmetsburg. She married Harold E. Iverson on October 4, 1953, and re-located to Clinton, Iowa. Harold passed away on June 19, 1983. Twila remained a widow until her death.
Twila was fondly remembered by many as the “lunch lady” at Longfellow Elementary School where she served as a food nutritionist for 30 years retiring in 1997. She was a member of the American School Food Service Association and the First United Methodist Church for many years. She was an amazing artist creating oil paintings on saws and canvas, crafts, yarn work and also an avid reader. She enjoyed traveling and her weekly outings to the casino.
She was preceded in death by her mother (2011) and father (1981); her sister, Donna (2002); and brother, Dwayne (2012).
She is survived by her three children, Daniel from DeSoto, MO, Dennis from Clinton, IA and Debra from Wichita, KS. She is also survived by her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines