LEVINE: Health issues still a concern for residents
The health of Clinton County residents represented a mixed bag in the annual county rankings. On one hand, the county is making progress in health outcomes. On the other, the county is declining in health factors.
- Make sure the humane society agreement stays in place I would like to thank the Clinton Herald for all the local and national news coverage. I would like to encourage our mayor to accept the proposal from the Clinton Humane Society. We need to make Clinton a safe place for our family and our families pe
- A new chapter begins Life is an amazing journey. On April 13, in front of family and friends, I said 'I do' to my best friend, Mike Gabriel. After years of searching for "the one," I found him when I least expected it thanks to a very persistent matchmaker. I met Mike's
- Student upset that coaches no longer leading programs My son came home from school last week upset. He was voicing to me his opinion of the decision made by our school board not to keep Coach Hoese as our Sophomore Basketball coach or Student Council Sponsor. I am concerned about the direction our scho
- Students praise CCC's impact on education, lives I want to let the people of Clinton County know about Clinton Community College. The people that work there are absolutely wonderful. Everyone is incredibly helpful and caring. They go out of their way to help all the students succeed. From picking c
HERALD'S OPINION: Flood project is shining example of foresight
It’s been almost 50 years since former Clinton Herald Editor Everett Streit chronicled the Great Flood of 1965 in a booklet detailing the disaster that took Clinton to its knees that year.
LEVINE: City faces competitive disadvantage with higher sewer rates
When Clinton City Council members denied a sewer rate increase April 9, I thought about writing a column praising their efforts to look out for residents. But I waited.
- Fulton High School staff member's dismissal from coaching concerns reader Recently, the struggles in the River Bend/Fulton High School District have come to my attention. Due to the fiscal status of the state of Illinois, the school district has been forced to make very difficult budget decisions. However, I became especi
River Bend parent: Teachers, coaches need our support
I am the mother of three children in the River Bend school system, one in each of the three schools, elementary, middle and high school.
- Business and Industry Center backs workforce By Tim Cottle April is Community College month and we here at the Clinton Community College Business & Industry Center are proud of our community and our contribution to it! The Clinton Community College Business & Industry Center supports the econ
- More Opinion Headlines
- LEVINE: Health issues still a concern for residents