- Flurry of activity at statehouse Last week, we passed some major bills in the Senate, including SF429, which provides $25 million in new funding to Iowa's community colleges, including Scott and Clinton community colleges. The Eastern Iowa Community College District is such an impor
- Get connected to honor society at CCC April is Community College month. At Clinton Community College we take time this month to reflect on our many activities and programs, connections to the community and especially our students. I am fortunate to work with a great group of students wh
MOORE: Medicaid is hot topic at Statehouse
Expanding Medicaid has generated a lot of discussion.
- LEVINE: Keeping up with mobile technology About 20 years ago, I was amazed at Zach Morris' ability to make a phone call while sitting in class. Sure, I was only about 8 years old, but my world at home involved those archaic phone devices that plugged into the wall. Seeing Zack from "Saved by
- 'The Fresh Egg Cookbook' has it all There is nothing better than a good book. While spending the winter in Florida, my friend Jan found the perfect book for me. It has it all -- literally. It is an informative book about chickens as well as a cookbook. "The Fresh Egg Cookbook" gives re
- Celebrate Community College Month with CCC April is Community College Month and Clinton Community College will be celebrating throughout the month. Once again our theme for the month is our connections --connections to our students, our alumni, our faculty and staff, and our local communitie
- Big steps on health care, education This week the Senate passed some very important bills. On Monday, we debated and passed SF296, which will expand access to affordable health care. This was an exciting day in the Chamber with Iowans from across the state on hand to listen to the deba
- Health benefits from meditation Each month YWCA members and volunteers are featured highlighting the many facets of our community in which they're a part. This month, Marcia Flory shares information about meditation classes offered at the YWCA. I have witnessed a lot of miracles i
BICKER: Understanding the fallacies of the world
Remember the saying, “Don’t believe everything you hear?” Well, that statement couldn’t have been more true as I was listening to radio station WGN the other day.
MOORE: Debate on budget bills begins at statehouse
Many non-controversial bills were passed last week and our first budget bill debates have begun.
- More Opinion Headlines