Coaches ask residents to assist swimming program
The Morrison Seahorse Swim Club started up again during the summer of 2011 after over two years out of the water and without a coach. The team has continued to grow from the beginning 14 swimmers to 70-plus swimmers currently on the team. The kids a
LEVINE: Watch out, new driver coming
My continued quest of feeling older took another step toward that direction. We celebrated my daughter's third birthday this week. And just to make sure my scalp didn't stop producing gray hairs, my wife and I bought our daughter a car. Sure, it's o
BICKER: A chicken education
"On the Road Again” seems to be the song my chicken and I are clucking these days.
- Flurry of activity at statehouse Last week, we passed some major bills in the Senate, including SF429, which provides $25 million in new funding to Iowa's community colleges, including Scott and Clinton community colleges. The Eastern Iowa Community College District is such an impor
- Get connected to honor society at CCC April is Community College month. At Clinton Community College we take time this month to reflect on our many activities and programs, connections to the community and especially our students. I am fortunate to work with a great group of students wh
MOORE: Medicaid is hot topic at Statehouse
Expanding Medicaid has generated a lot of discussion.
- LEVINE: Keeping up with mobile technology About 20 years ago, I was amazed at Zach Morris' ability to make a phone call while sitting in class. Sure, I was only about 8 years old, but my world at home involved those archaic phone devices that plugged into the wall. Seeing Zack from "Saved by
- 'The Fresh Egg Cookbook' has it all There is nothing better than a good book. While spending the winter in Florida, my friend Jan found the perfect book for me. It has it all -- literally. It is an informative book about chickens as well as a cookbook. "The Fresh Egg Cookbook" gives re
- Celebrate Community College Month with CCC April is Community College Month and Clinton Community College will be celebrating throughout the month. Once again our theme for the month is our connections --connections to our students, our alumni, our faculty and staff, and our local communitie
- Big steps on health care, education This week the Senate passed some very important bills. On Monday, we debated and passed SF296, which will expand access to affordable health care. This was an exciting day in the Chamber with Iowans from across the state on hand to listen to the deba
- More Opinion Headlines
- Coaches ask residents to assist swimming program