MOORE: Medicaid is hot topic at Statehouse
Expanding Medicaid has generated a lot of discussion.
- LEVINE: Keeping up with mobile technology About 20 years ago, I was amazed at Zach Morris' ability to make a phone call while sitting in class. Sure, I was only about 8 years old, but my world at home involved those archaic phone devices that plugged into the wall. Seeing Zack from "Saved by
- 'The Fresh Egg Cookbook' has it all There is nothing better than a good book. While spending the winter in Florida, my friend Jan found the perfect book for me. It has it all -- literally. It is an informative book about chickens as well as a cookbook. "The Fresh Egg Cookbook" gives re
- Celebrate Community College Month with CCC April is Community College Month and Clinton Community College will be celebrating throughout the month. Once again our theme for the month is our connections --connections to our students, our alumni, our faculty and staff, and our local communitie
- Big steps on health care, education This week the Senate passed some very important bills. On Monday, we debated and passed SF296, which will expand access to affordable health care. This was an exciting day in the Chamber with Iowans from across the state on hand to listen to the deba
- Health benefits from meditation Each month YWCA members and volunteers are featured highlighting the many facets of our community in which they're a part. This month, Marcia Flory shares information about meditation classes offered at the YWCA. I have witnessed a lot of miracles i
BICKER: Understanding the fallacies of the world
Remember the saying, “Don’t believe everything you hear?” Well, that statement couldn’t have been more true as I was listening to radio station WGN the other day.
MOORE: Debate on budget bills begins at statehouse
Many non-controversial bills were passed last week and our first budget bill debates have begun.
LEVINE: Passing away the time until spring really arrives
I’m taking back all those times I complained about the heat. We were spoiled last year with consistent 80-degree days, and now the joke’s on us.
Mercy CEO, staff members celebrate facility’s success with safety
At Mercy Medical Center, we recognize the first week in March as one of the most important weeks of the year: Patient Safety Awareness Week, sponsored by the National Patient Safety Foundation.
- More Opinion Headlines
- MOORE: Medicaid is hot topic at Statehouse