High hopes as season starts
In Kevin Cunningham’s first season as Clinton High baseball coach, the River Kings surprised opponents and put together a 20-14 season.
Indians earn 2nd in hurdles
Thomas Brantley, Devin Norman, Shykeem Williams and Mike Osaro were all smiles after seeing that their time in the finals of the Class 2A shuttle hurdle relay was their best ever.
Panthers take 2nd at state
A successful track season was capped by a second place performance for Erie/Prophetstown on Saturday at the Illinois Class1A girls track and field state meet.
- Indians' Harksen takes 2nd in 400 DES MOINES -- There's a delicate balance for runners who qualify for the track and field state meet in the 200- and 400-meter dashes. Because there is little more than a half-hour between the races on the opening day of the three-day event, a runner
- It's close-but-not-quite for Sabers DES MOINES -- After running the anchor leg and nearly catching Kate Sandage of Greene County in her heat of the shuttle hurdle relay, Central DeWitt's Sam Barr knew it would be a matter of a fraction of a second as to whether the Sabers would earn a
- Panthers get by Rams MORRISON, Ill. -- The Riverdale Rams were coming off of an extra innings win over the West Carroll Thunder, 9-8, to get into Wednesday's contest with Erie/Prophetstown. The Rams were unable to continue the momentum. The Panthers came out ready to hit
Mustangs score four late to oust Fulton
In the night cap at the field in Morrison the Mustangs hosted the Fulton Steamers, who waste no time getting on the board.
- Better late for Banker CLINTON - Jason Banker discovered his talent with the 400-meter low hurdles late in his high school career at Clinton. Last winter, on the eve of his senior season, River Kings track coach Tony Smith approached Banker about trying the event. Until th
- L'Kings can't ride walk-off in split CLINTON -- For a brief time, the Clinton Lumberkings brought their record out of the losing column, doing so in thrilling fashion. Facing Beloit in Game 1 of a home doubleheader, each team could hardly put a runner on base, let alone in scoring posit
- Secret to Success ERIE, Ill. -- Erie/Prophetstown girls track and field coach Don Robinson made a mistake earlier in the season, running sisters Courtney and Rachel Cobert in the same races. The Coberts competed against each other in both the 200- and 400-meter races.
- More Sports Headlines
- High hopes as season starts