Irish's Evers advances to district golf meet
Connor Evers of Prince of Peace placed third Friday at the Iowa Class 1A Calamus Sectional golf tournament, giving him a spot in the district meet with hopes of qualifying for state.
- CHS duo earns state trip CLINTON -- Ryan Schroeder is no stranger to the Iowa High School boys tennis state tournament. Teammate Jacob Kruse never has advanced that far. Schroeder credited Kruse's desire to make it for helping the pair of Clinton seniors to advance Thursday
- Panthers slosh to sectional title ERIE, Ill. -- Truth be told, coach Don Robinson would have just as soon waited a day to hold the Illinois Class 1A Erie Sectional girls track and field meet. But, to steal a phrase from the stage, "The show must go on." And so it did Thursday, and ho
- Queens win rainy battle with Burlington CLINTON -- Days after recovering from an illness, Clinton goalkeeper Hannah Dehner delivered possibly her best performance yet in the 2013 season. The River Queens took down Mississippi Athletic Conference foe Burlington 1-0 on Thursday night in a ra
'Past is the Past ...'
CLINTON -- Kirk Ferentz has joined fans in labeling his team's 2012 season "disappointing." The Hawkeyes -- 4-8 last year -- lost six straight to finish near the bottom of the Big Ten Conference, missing bowl season for the first time in five seasons.
- Knights overcome Kings CLINTON -- For 79 minutes, the Clinton boys played shutout soccer against Davenport Assumption on Tuesday night. It was the two goals that came within a minute of each other in the first half that ultimately gave the Knights the edge. Assumption's Ja
- River Queens remain on top ELDRIDGE -- Pressure intensified as Gabby Haan and Jordan Nelson started play for the No. 2 doubles title Tuesday afternoon at the Mississippi Athletic Conference girls tennis meet. Their Clinton High team needed just one more win to clinch a second
- The best for last GOOSE LAKE -- Will Seeser is the last athlete to cross the finish line a Big East champion. At Northeast High School, the final race -- ever -- in the Big East saw Camanche's 1,600-meter relay team pull ahead, then fall behind, then slowly close the
- Panthers run away with conference crown MORRISON, Ill. -- On one of the first beautiful days of the spring season, Morrison High School played host to the Three Rivers Conference Girls Track and Field Conference Meet on Monday night. These same conference teams met up at Fulton just three
Minor league baseball L'Kings show another side
Tyler Marlette sees stardom in his future. While he hopes that eventually comes in his professional baseball career, the Clinton LumberKings catcher believes fame will come even quicker when the Wahl Clipper Corporation starts airing ads featuring the LumberKings.
- More Sports Headlines
- Irish's Evers advances to district golf meet