- The best for last GOOSE LAKE -- Will Seeser is the last athlete to cross the finish line a Big East champion. At Northeast High School, the final race -- ever -- in the Big East saw Camanche's 1,600-meter relay team pull ahead, then fall behind, then slowly close the
- Panthers run away with conference crown MORRISON, Ill. -- On one of the first beautiful days of the spring season, Morrison High School played host to the Three Rivers Conference Girls Track and Field Conference Meet on Monday night. These same conference teams met up at Fulton just three
Minor league baseball L'Kings show another side
Tyler Marlette sees stardom in his future. While he hopes that eventually comes in his professional baseball career, the Clinton LumberKings catcher believes fame will come even quicker when the Wahl Clipper Corporation starts airing ads featuring the LumberKings.
- High-seeded Clinton flat in MAC CLINTON -- As long as the rain held off, the Mississippi Athletic Conference tennis tournament was going to happen. Even with his team tied for first place after day 1, Thursday's unfavorable conditions yielded only slightly favorable results for Cli
- Poor weather, strong showing for Clinton MUSCATINE -- Thursday's Mississippi Athletic Conference boys track meet had "all the bad makings," according to Clinton coach Tony Smith. Through pouring rain, high winds and frigid temperatures, Smith said the River Kings needed to toughen up mental
Youth movement: Girls track and field
DAVENPORT -- With eyes on the future, June Wilden and her assistant coaches on the Clinton High girls track team decided to forgo potential points in varsity competition and make the night as successful as could be at the sophomore level at Thursday’s Mississippi Athletic Conference meet.
Head of the class: Inaugural Hall class honors 14 legends
CLINTON -- Gary Lueders couldn't have imagined it turning out much better when he proposed that Clinton High School begin an athletics Hall of Fame. The inaugural class of 14 was announced this morning, and the induction ceremony will be held Aug. 30.
- LumberKings in giving mood CLINTON -- His players showed their generosity Wednesday night, and it wasn't something Clinton LumberKings manager Eddie Menchaca was all that happy to see. A 3-0 lead disappeared about as quickly as it was built, and before long it became a deficit
- College softball VICTORIA, Texas - Despite picking up 12 hits and rallying to make things interesting, fourth-seeded Ashford dropped a 4-2 decision to fifth seed Louisiana State University-Alexandria on Tuesday on the first day of the Association of Independent Insti
Tiebreaker wins widen Queens' margin
RIVERDALE -- Aided by three victories in super tiebreakers, Clinton defeated Pleasant Valley 8-1 on Tuesday in a girls tennis matchup of two of the top teams in the Mississippi Athletic Conference.
- More Sports Headlines