- L'Kings can't ride walk-off in split CLINTON -- For a brief time, the Clinton Lumberkings brought their record out of the losing column, doing so in thrilling fashion. Facing Beloit in Game 1 of a home doubleheader, each team could hardly put a runner on base, let alone in scoring posit
- Secret to Success ERIE, Ill. -- Erie/Prophetstown girls track and field coach Don Robinson made a mistake earlier in the season, running sisters Courtney and Rachel Cobert in the same races. The Coberts competed against each other in both the 200- and 400-meter races.
- Steamers oust Rams, 3-2 PORT BYRON, Ill. -- The Fulton Steamers and Riverdale Rams matched ace for ace in the first game of the regional softball playoffs Monday, and the Steamers came out on top 3-2. It was also a record-breaking night for Riverdale Rams senior Sadie Mosh
- Kings advance in team play CLINTON -- Clinton swept the singles matches, winning three of them in the third set, to beat Dubuque Senior 6-0 on Saturday in pre-substate boys tennis team competition at Max Lynn Courts. "I am extremely proud of this team," Clinton coach David Moo
- River Queens go 1-1-1 WEST LIBERTY -- Clinton went 1-1-1 on Saturday at the West Liberty Invitational girls soccer tournament. The River Queens (4-8-1) beat the host school 5-1, tied Mid-Prairie of Wellman 0-0 and then lost 1-0 to Mid-Prairie. The lone goal against Mid-Pr
Day's wait pays off for Clinton track teams
Clinton High's boys and girls both had successful nights Friday at their state-qualifying track and field meets in Dubuque.
Camanche boys, Northeast girls win track titles
Camanche and Northeast both enjoyed good days on the track in boys and girls competition at state-qualifying meets, with the Camanche boys winning the title and Northeast's girls tying for top honors.
Irish's Evers advances to district golf meet
Connor Evers of Prince of Peace placed third Friday at the Iowa Class 1A Calamus Sectional golf tournament, giving him a spot in the district meet with hopes of qualifying for state.
- CHS duo earns state trip CLINTON -- Ryan Schroeder is no stranger to the Iowa High School boys tennis state tournament. Teammate Jacob Kruse never has advanced that far. Schroeder credited Kruse's desire to make it for helping the pair of Clinton seniors to advance Thursday
- Panthers slosh to sectional title ERIE, Ill. -- Truth be told, coach Don Robinson would have just as soon waited a day to hold the Illinois Class 1A Erie Sectional girls track and field meet. But, to steal a phrase from the stage, "The show must go on." And so it did Thursday, and ho
- More Sports Headlines