Students and athletes from Central DeWitt High School helped basketball coach Brandon Barnhart propose to his girlfriend with a pre-game flash mob.
- Top News
Clinton law enforcement honored
CLINTON — Members of the Clinton Police Department and Clinton County Sheriff's Office commemorated National Police Week with an awards ceremony and a memorial ceremony to honor those who protect the community.
- Indians' Harksen takes 2nd in 400 DES MOINES -- There's a delicate balance for runners who qualify for the track and field state meet in the 200- and 400-meter dashes. Because there is little more than a half-hour between the races on the opening day of the three-day event, a runner
Focused leadership vs. social status
The strength of a community is only increased when its members recognize leaders. Maybe that leader is you!
2 finalists named for city administrator
CLINTON — Two finalists have been selected in the search for Clinton's next city administrator: Clinton Finance Director and interim City Administrator Jessica Kinser and Joliet, Ill., Assistant City Manager Benjamin Benson.
- It's close-but-not-quite for Sabers DES MOINES -- After running the anchor leg and nearly catching Kate Sandage of Greene County in her heat of the shuttle hurdle relay, Central DeWitt's Sam Barr knew it would be a matter of a fraction of a second as to whether the Sabers would earn a
- Students honored at ceremony CLINTON -- Seventy-four students from Clinton High School's class of 2013 were honored Thursday during the 27th annual senior honors convocation. The class of 2013 has taken more Advanced Placement tests and has earned some of the highest scores on
Jail escapee pleads guilty
CLINTON -- A man who escaped from the Clinton County jail on April 6 will spend as much as 10 years in prison. Kendrell Keith, 18, pleaded guilty Thursday to the escape and the second-degree theft charge that put him in jail.
LEVINE: Preparing for another child
With a little more than a month before another child occupies my home, it's becoming more apparent every day that my daughter is ready for her first sibling.
10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- Panthers get by Rams MORRISON, Ill. -- The Riverdale Rams were coming off of an extra innings win over the West Carroll Thunder, 9-8, to get into Wednesday's contest with Erie/Prophetstown. The Rams were unable to continue the momentum. The Panthers came out ready to hit
- More Top News Headlines
- Clinton law enforcement honored