SLIDESHOW: February, a month in review
A look back at the news, events and activities of February 2013 in the Gateway area.
- Top News
High hopes as season starts
In Kevin Cunningham’s first season as Clinton High baseball coach, the River Kings surprised opponents and put together a 20-14 season.
What you need to know about preparing for tornadoes
Tornado survivors and seasoned observers suggest people do two simple things to prepare for tornadoes: Know where to take shelter, and move quickly when the time comes.
VIDEO: Tumblr sold to Yahoo! for $1.1 billion
Yahoo! has purchased Tumblr for $1.1 billion, hoping to compete more effectively with sites like Google and Facebook.
Indians earn 2nd in hurdles
Thomas Brantley, Devin Norman, Shykeem Williams and Mike Osaro were all smiles after seeing that their time in the finals of the Class 2A shuttle hurdle relay was their best ever.
- Fitness club is expanding CLINTON — Less than two years after opening, the Iron Horse Fitness Club is more than tripling their space by moving to the former Rodeo Saloon and Feedhouse. Owners Ashley and Brad Gendreau, 31, of Thomson, Ill., will move by August from the locatio
- A few issues to be resolved This past week was once again rumored to be the last week for legislators at the Statehouse, but while many of the major budget bills were agreed upon, a few of the most stubborn issues remain to be resolved. The House and Senate have now agreed on h
Panthers take 2nd at state
A successful track season was capped by a second place performance for Erie/Prophetstown on Saturday at the Illinois Class1A girls track and field state meet.
- Striding for awareness CAMANCHE -- Organizers for the third annual Strides for Clinton County Autism Family Walk and 5K run agreed that Saturday's turnout was better than last year. "It's getting bigger every year," Lori Bigwood, one of the organizers for the event, said.
- Clinton avoids heavy storm CLINTON -- Jim Blaess, official weather observer for the National Weather Service, said Clinton County was lucky during Sunday's storms. "We dodged a bullet," said Blaess, adding that the county did not see any tornados. The county did not receive a
- Gas prices up 11 cents over past 2 weeks CAMARILLO, Calif. (AP) -- The average U.S. price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 11 cents over the past two weeks. The Lundberg Survey of fuel prices released Sunday says the price of a gallon of regular is $3.66. Midgrade costs an average of $3.8
- More Top News Headlines
- High hopes as season starts